It’s 2018 and more and more businesses are offering flexible hours and work from home options. Sounds amazing right? Here’s the problem, how many times have you heard people say “I need t work from home so I can XYZ.” That is actually not working from home. True working from home can have its challenges from isolation to technology but can provide much desired work/life balance. If you want to succeed at working from home, treat your work from home as if you working in an actual office. Check out this list suggestions for success.
- Start your day early with a pre-determined schedule/routine and a definitive finish time.
- Have a dedicated work space away from distractions and communicate expectations to anyone who is home when you are working.
- Work when you are most productive at specific tasks.
- Use technology to stay connected like videoconferencing and/or instant messaging.
- Have some background noise, whether it is the television turned down on a station you actually do not want to watch or music, avoid the silence.
- Take clear breaks, perhaps interacting with other humans.
Yes, at some point your internet will go out. Have a back up plan to hit up a local coffee shop, library or venue with reliable internet. Do not plan to make elaborate meals during work hours, use your breaks wisely and timely. Working from home may not be as easy as it sounds, but if you keep to some guidelines it can be the balance you need. Give it some thought as we acknowledge #NationalWorkFromHomeWeek all week long! And if you have some technical issues, give us a ring at 630.320.2991.
Over 15+ years of experience in providing technical solutions and support to allow you to focus on your business.
P.S. Join us February 25, 2019 for Keys to Digital Marketing Success!