In today’s blog post, we’re diving into all things LinkedIn. We’re taking a comprehensive look at LinkedIn’s Membership Benefits for B2B. Understanding what’s being offered can help you make the right financial decision and help you accomplish exactly what needs to be done.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is an American business and employment-oriented online service that operates through websites and mobile apps. This social media networking platform was launched on May 5, 2003.
What can LinkedIn do?
LinkedIn allows members (both workers and employers) to create profiles and connect with each other in an online social network which may represent real-world professional relationships. Members can invite anyone (whether an existing member or not) to become a connection. LinkedIn can also be used to organize offline events, join groups, write articles, publish job postings, post photos and videos, and more.
How does LinkedIn work?
LinkedIn has a free version and several paid versions. You can accomplish a number of things with any profile as long as you remember quality over quantity and implement best practices to best represent your brand. The more specialized levels for sales or hiring include Sales Navigator or Recruiter. Honestly, with a free profile or Premium, you can connect and network on a constant basis, expose your products or services through your company page, and even connect with old friends that could generate more leads. And then some…LinkedIn offers a ton. It’s our goal, and pleasure, to package information in a way that is easily manageable, digestible and practical for you. So take a look at what the B2B-centric-LinkedIn offers.
Let’s Look at Membership Levels
With a free LinkedIn account, you can:
- Build your professional identity on the web; represent your brand
- Build and maintain a large professional network
- Find and reconnect with work friends and classmates
- Request and give recommendations
- Request 5 introductions at one time
- Search and view profiles of LinkedIn members
- Receive InMail messages
- Save 3 searches and get weekly alerts on them
More importantly, LinkedIn’s free profile will allow you to build a company profile.
- Your company page
- Showcase your pages – about different departments or services
If you’ve used the free version for a while, and you’re wondering how else you can take advantage of LinkedIn, then it’s worth spending some time to go over the many detailed Membership Levels. You can choose any of them depending on your own LinkedIn strategy and goals. With our beloved bullet points, we will list four membership levels, what it is, how much it is, and some of their important features.
What is Premium Essentials? This account helps you get hired and get ahead in your professional life. Essentials $29.99 Pro $59.99
Premium Essentials Features:
- LinkedIn Learning courses
- Robust search results
- Advanced search features
- Saved searches
- Better profile views
- Who viewed your profile?
What is Sales Navigator? This account helps you generate leads and build your clientele. It’s a paid sales solution and a sales management tool to help sales representatives plunge into LinkedIn’s robust professional network. Core $79.99/mth, Advanced $125/mth, Plus ?
Sales Navigator Features:
- 50 InMail messages per month
- Advanced search with Lead Builder
- Lead recommendations and saved leads
- Real-time sales intelligence
- Unlimited profile searches
- Integrates with sales apps
What is LinkedIn Recruiter and Recruiter Lite? This account helps you find and hire talents. There are 2 versions. Recruiter Lite is an entry-level recruiting tool for people at small to medium business; typically with low-volume hiring needs. Lite is $140 per month
LinkedIn Recruiter is a recruiting solution for teams in mid-market to enterprise companies and staffing firms.
- Find the right people
- See 1,00 profiles (versus 100 in a free account)
- Prioritize candidates
- Reach out
- Manage and track
- Post jobs
- AI based recommendations
- 40 plus advanced search filters
- Standard premium features (above)
Recruiter Lite Features:
- 30 InMail messages per month to people outside your network
- Advanced search (visibility to 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree networks)
- 20 plus advanced search filters
- Post jobs and promote
- Similar to Recruiter but not as many options
LinkedIn means access to a huge pool of people.
You also have the opportunity to advertise with LinkedIn’s Ads account in the Campaign Manager. You just need a LinkedIn account to get started.
Why should I build ad campaigns with LinkedIn?
- Target an audience or specific demographic on LinkedIn
- Target an audience with accuracy (target: job title, job function, seniority, company name/size, industry, skill, degree type and name)
- The budget is easily customizable
- Similar to Google AdWords
- Your ad will display on your target pages within 24 hours
- Ads can be image, logo, video, or text
You’re a business looking to connect, network, expand reach, grow, show impact. What should you do next as part of your LinkedIn strategy? How can one of these memberships help get you there? And if you don’t think a specific level fits your goals, then just taking advantage of the free LinkedIn or Premium Essentials might be good enough. Always assess why you need a certain membership.
We’re here to help you along your business journey. Call or email us anytime: (630) 320-2991